Welcome to my blog!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

After one heck of a long semester finally I had some relief , a time just to lay my back and relax without thinking of geeky stuff and boring classes. At first I thought I could spend the whole Christmas holiday just at home setting at my sofa watching my favorite TV shows and movies, going here and there around my town, and guess what? I was wrong, because Christmas time my friends sure sucks, for me at least, since no activities or what so ever not even anything is available at this particular time of the year, everyone is spending time with his or her families and streets gets empty and stores close early, I'm telling you it gets so creepy.

Anyhow it came to me, What the heck, I'm gonna go to Vegas ! yeah seriously Vegas .

Now Vegas isn't bad as I thought before, when you hear the word Vegas it comes to your mind gambling, casinos, nightlife and all the sins that you can imagine, but after a small research I found hey there's much more you can do in Vegas, huge production shows, extraordinary theaters, breathe taking constructions and lots and lots of other stuff that you can innocently enjoy.

I decided to stay in Vegas in a hotel named "The Flamingo", and this hotel has a story. The famingo hotel was built around 1946 actually it was the first hotel in what's currently known as Las Vegas strip which is the street that has the most hotels nowadays, now you might ask, who the hell is going to build a hotel in the middle of the desert? that person would be "bugsy" a mob a gangster his name is Benjamin and he was part of the Jewish mafia, they used to call him bugsy because he had the most weird and odd ideas as if there's bugs in his head.
This guy had a vision, he looked forward and saw where the future is, and built the most luxurious hotel at that time while others are still in the old part of Las Vegas which is downtown Vegas.


The name flamingo was inspired by his girlfriend who used to gamble a lot and her nickname was the flamingo because she had thin tall legs. Soon after he built the hotel he went through financial difficulties, because he spent so much money on that hotel and after two years he was murdered. Of course the hotel went through different renovations and additions throughout the years and the old one actually doesn't exist anymore, and the new one has the same name and in the same spot.

Anyhow Las Vegas is a great place to spend good times and lots of things to see, and I had very good times there. Specially after seeing my third Cirque Du Soleil show "O", the show was pure awesomeness, entire theater was built on water and the performance is something I have never seen something like it, really it was "indescribable".

4 comments:

eng.waheed said...

I still think Vegas is most popular for it casinos that’s why the hotels are cheap, because they know that they will get their money back from gambling, I think you should have went to San Diego and then to Mexico.
Any way happy holiday or may I say happy charismas.

Hanno said...

Yes it's popular for that, non the less there are many other different things that you can do if you don't want to gamble and still you can enjoy Vegas. I agree with you about the hotels, and that's an advantage for us since we don't gamble :)

San Diego I will go there inshallah depending on my circumstances, but Mexico I don't think so.

Thank you:)

Unknown said...

IS that a 5 stars hotel?
How much is it per night?

Hanno said...

no it's not a five star hotel , it's 3.5 stars . the rooms are splendid and modern, the GO rooms are the newly renovated ones cost about 100$ per night.